Doostang is an exclusive career community that helps
elite young professionals accelerate their careers.
Privacy on Doostang :
Privacy on Doostang
We built Doostang because we wanted to share jobs among friends. Your comfort and security are our top priority. As such, we are committed to offering a complete set of security options that we hope will make your experience the best possible. We want to provide you with the privacy tools necessary to control how and with whom you share your information.
If you have questions or ideas, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Personal Information.
- Use of Personal Information.
- Links to other websites.
- Security Measures.
- User Agreement.
- Creating a profile on Doostang
- When you register, Doostang asks for your e-mail address, a user selected user name, and other information. Once you are a registered user you can update your profile and may provide additional preferential information (e.g. professional and academic background information, contact information etc).
- As a registered user you can change your personal information, including your contact email address, at any time.
- You can choose to hide your information under the Privacy Preferences in Account Settings. The options include changing the settings for if you want to be seen in searches, if you want your profile to be seen and if you want your friends list to be seen.
- Posting a Job
- In posting a job opening, Doostang asks for a description of the firm, description of the position, a contact email, and other information. Once you have posted the opening, you may update it at any time through the "My Posted Jobs" section of the website. You may post openings directly from your firm, or share openings from elsewhere.
Use of Personal Information.
- Technical Information
- We may collect IP address for diagnostics, aggregated demographic/geographic statistics (personal IP information will never be shared with third parties)
- Cookies for ease of site usage and some statistical purposes (Data collected from cookies will never be shared with third parties)
- Uploading your contacts to Doostang
- You may upload your contacts from Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, AOL, Outlook, LinkedIn, and Mac accounts by logging in through Doostang. We will never store or keep your login information. We will never sell, rent, or give access to your contact lists. We will only access your contact lists with your explicit consent.
- Collecting and Sharing Job Information
- We may use demographic information about a job posting, including location, hiring firm, and other information, for statistical and development purposes.
- In order to provide you with a better job search experience, we may provide information about you to pre-approved third party websites. You can opt-out of third party services by emailing us at email@example.com or directly with the third-party.
- After registration, Doostang may contact you via email with periodic notifications about network updates, messages, and new features and services.
Links to other websites.
- We are not responsible for privacy practices found on other websites accessed through Doostang.
- The company has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. These measures include a firewall to prevent unauthorized access to our systems and maintenance of registration information in a secure database.
- We do our best to provide secure transmission of information between your computer and our servers. However, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to us over The Internet and we accept no liability for any unintentional disclosure.
- As a user of Doostang you will have access to other users' personal information. You agree to use this information solely for recruiting purposes. The company and its users shall not tolerate spam of any kind. Accounts suspected of causing spam will be deactivated immediately. Please feel free to report any misuse of Doostang by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.