Doostang is an exclusive career community that helps
elite young professionals accelerate their careers.
Privacy on Doostang :
We built Nova Global Inc., d/b/a Doostang ("Doostang") because we wanted to share jobs among friends. Your comfort and security are our top priority. As such, we are committed to offering a complete set of security options that we hope will make your experience the best possible. We want to provide you with the privacy tools necessary to control how and with whom you share your information.
- Personal Information.
- Use of Personal Information.
- Links to other websites.
- Security Measures.
- User Agreement.
- Creating a profile on Doostang
- When you register, Doostang asks for your e-mail address, a user selected user name, and other information. Once you are a registered user you can update your profile and may provide additional preferential information (e.g. professional and academic background information, contact information etc).
- As a registered user you can change your personal information, including your contact email address, at any time.
- You can choose to hide your information under the Privacy Preferences in Account Settings. The options include changing the settings for if you want to be seen in searches, if you want your profile to be seen and if you want your friends list to be seen.
- Posting a Job
- In posting a job opening, Doostang asks for a description of the firm, description of the position, a contact email, and other information. Once you have posted the opening, you may update it at any time through the "My Posted Jobs" section of the website. You may post openings directly from your firm, or share openings from elsewhere.
Use of Personal Information.
- Information that we collect is used for four main purposes. First, we collect information to improve the Site by determining which of our features, services, applications and/or programs are most popular. Second, we collect information to personalize the experience of the users of the Site. For example, users of some of the features of the Site are required to create an Account, UserID and password in order to access those features. Third, we collect information to enable our users to participate in features, services, applications, programs and/or other activities from time to time. Finally, we collect information (such as credit card information) to enable our users to purchase our products directly through the Site.
- Technical Information
- Every computer connected to the internet is given a domain name and a set of numbers that serve as that computer's "internet Protocol", or IP, address. When a user requests a web page from the Site, our web servers automatically recognize that user's domain name and IP address. The domain name and IP address reveal nothing personal about the user other than the IP address from which the user has accessed the Site. We may collect IP address for diagnostics, and we may collect aggregated demographic/geographic statistics, but your personal IP information will never be shared with third parties (except as part of the sale or acquisition of Doostang).
- Uploading your contacts to Doostang
- You may upload your contacts from Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, AOL, Outlook, LinkedIn, and Mac accounts by logging in through Doostang. We will never store or keep your login information. We will never sell, rent, or give access to your contact lists. We will only access your contact lists with your explicit consent.
- Collecting and Sharing Job Information
- We may use demographic information about a job posting, including location, hiring firm, and other information, for statistical and development purposes.
- In order to provide you with a better job search experience, we may provide information about you to pre-approved third party websites. You can opt-out of third party services by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or directly with the third-party.
- After registration, Doostang may contact you via email with periodic notifications about network updates, messages, and new features and services.
- We use reasonable precautions to keep the information that is disclosed to us secure. But we cannot and will not be responsible for any breach of security by any third parties or for any actions of any third parties that receive any of the information that is disclosed to us. The Site may link to a variety of other websites and the Site may contain advertisements of third parties. We are not and cannot be responsible for the privacy policies of those websites of third parties or how they treat information about their users.
- Credit Card Information.
- The Site is designed to protect the privacy of your credit card information, name, address, e-mail and any other information you provide us. Doostang is committed to data security with respect to information collected on our site. We offer the industry standard security measures available by utilizing a Secure Socket Layer ("SSL") connection. It is our practice to contact customers if a problem should arise with your purchase or if we need to send you a normal business communication regarding your purchase.
Links to other websites.
- Doostang has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. These measures include a firewall to prevent unauthorized access to our systems and maintenance of registration information in a secure database.
- We do our best to provide secure transmission of information between your computer and our servers. However, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to us over the internet and we accept no liability for any unintentional disclosure.
- For certain features available through the Site, we may require the use of encryption technologies provided for your protection and/or your use of a UserID and password after setting up an Account. We use reasonable precautions to protect the privacy of your UserID, password, Account information and credit card information by utilizing an SSL connection. [CONFIRM.] Accordingly, your UserID, password, Account information and credit card information are encrypted using an SSL connection and are not expected to be read in an intelligible form as they travel to the Site. You, however, are ultimately responsible for protecting your UserID, password, Account information and credit card information from disclosure to third parties, and you are not permitted to circumvent the use of required encryption technologies. You agree to: (a) immediately notify Doostang of any unauthorized use of your UserID, password and/or Account, and/or any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you exit from your Account at the end of each session. While we may provide certain encryption technologies and use other reasonable precautions to protect your confidential information and provide suitable security, we do not and cannot guarantee or warrant that information transmitted through the internet is secure, or that such transmissions are free from delay, interruption, interception or error.
Information From Children.
- The Site is not intended or designed to attract children under the age of thirteen (13). We do not collect personally identifiable data from any person that we know to be under the age of thirteen (13). If we learn that a user under the age of thirteen (13) is publicly posting or sharing personally identifiable information on or through the Site, then we will use reasonable measures to block that user from accessing these areas of the Site.
European Union Users.
- As a user of Doostang you will have access to other users' personal information. You agree to use this information solely for recruiting purposes. Doostang and its users shall not tolerate spam of any kind. Accounts suspected of causing spam will be deactivated immediately. Please feel free to report any misuse of Doostang by contacting us at email@example.com.
Governing Law; Exclusive Jurisdiction
- If you have additional questions or comments of any kind, if you see anything on the Site that you think is inappropriate or if you would like to have any or all of your personal information withheld from third party organizations and companies and/or from third party service providers, please let us know by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or by sending your comments or requests to:
Nova Global Inc., d/b/a Doostang
129 West 29th Street
New York, NY 10001
Attn: Customer Care – Website Issues